Friday, December 30, 2005

Could have been more original... day two

OK, so it didn't snow today. It rained and it rained. In fact, today starts with last night as I tried to sleep - we both tried to sleep. The rain was beating down on the windows and the streetlight outside seemed to bathe the room in an even stronger - and stranger - orange glow than usual.

One of the cats promptly woke me up from the light sleep I was in at around 5am. They said on the websites that you start to get funny dreams - I thought it wouldn't affect me as I never remember my dreams, let alone have them. I'm sure I had some funny dreams last night though... can't quite remember what was in them, but I'm sure they were there.

We had a house viewing today at 10, so we got out the house to let the agent do it. This is crazy stuff, needing to move house at the same time as this happening, but the urgency to sell up and move is stronger now.

We scuttled around in the rain in town; coffee shop (she couldn't stand the thought of coffee so had mango juice and a bagel; I had coffee & bacon bagel, of course); health food shop (aloe-vera sun cream for me, oddly); clothes shop (therapy shop for her, one cardigan added to collection); Boots (folic acid - what is folic acid?); Woolworths (Scrabble - don't ask); bookshop (to see what books we could get off Amazon later); back home for more sickness (not me, although I do oddly feel a little queasy occasionally but that's just mad).

Work calls kept coming all day and I felt a little odd, far removed even. Ordinary day-to-day stuff seems a bit odd at the moment, not having spoken to anyone properly in the last 24 hours except to do work stuff and organise things. Done odd things like buy a new CD player to replace my aging (14 year old!) model.

Everything still seems a little unreal. Seem to be floating above a lot of it. I've had a day fetching iced water, crispbreads, mango juice, ginger biscuits.

Apparently very odd at the doctor's. No extra tests performed to confirm our test yesterday (thought that was very odd...) but we did find out, oddly, that it's week 7 of the pregnancy right now; this I'm going to have to look up on the internet, I don't understand how they work that out. Due date is 13th August, apparently, although we have since worked out it could be up to 9 days later than that. Not an exact science, I don't think.

We've allowed ourselves to tell her best friend about it. I'm not even really sure when it's safe to tell other people about it, but it felt good that somebody else out there knows in a funny kind of way.

There are moments when I catch myself having forgotten about it; which is weird. Thought it might consume my every thought - but watching Lost tonight changed that. Commercial breaks times to fetch more iced water and remember suddenly, guilty that I'd temporarily forgotten.

Anyhow - not much really happened today. Not even sure much is going to happen each day but we'll see.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home