Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Starting to tell people...

Ok, so it seems like aeons ago that we found out, but we're now telling people. Hope it's all going to be ok once we see the midwife now. The morning sickness is still here, so I guess the theories of phantom pregnancy can subside!

Sunday I went to see some old college friends; on my own, she's had the flu as well as the sickness so we decided I'd go it alone. Strange thing - there was this moment's silence and I said, "well, I have some news". I said, "well, in about six months time, I'm going to be a dad".

There was that millisecond of silence before the reaction which was very amusing. Everyone was very pleased, and the horror of what we haven't done soon became apparent when one couple, already parents to two lovely boys, started reeling off things which we should maybe have done that we just haven't done yet.

She also told her work today as an official 'hey, I'm off in a few months' line.

Parents this weekend, then. If she's well enough. The flu really knocked her out and it's still affecting her. What a rough combination.

Got to find our new house and sell this one too. If it's not shifted in the next month or so, I think we'll have to go rent back where we need to be.

Still don't know what I'm doing - that government department will be round shortly, I'm sure.

2 Comments:

Blogger princessoctober said...

if she is having bad morning sickness, then try eating plain saltine crackers..just a few at a time to ease the tummy..i lived off this for 3 month and it was a life saver.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Ken Rayner said...

Hey, bless you - we'll certainly try that! Thanks...

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home